resume & exhibitions
2006-2010 - Massachusetts College of Art and Design - Boston
- Double Majored: B.F.A in Art History, B.F.A in Painting
- Presidential Merit Scholarship Recipient
2002-2006 - Santa Fe High School - Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Society of Artists Scholarship
- Amado and J.B. Pena, Art Has Heart Foundation Scholarship
2018 movie poster - "CORPSE" - wRITTEN & dIRECTED BY cHRIS eRNST & bILL dARMON
- POSTER WAS ADAPTATION OF PROP IMAGERY CREATED FOR FILM IN 2016.
2017-2018 feature film - "The hill and the hole" - pRODUCTION DESIGNER + ART DIRECTOR - WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY CHRIST ERNST & BILL DARMON
- sCRIPT BASED OFF "THE HILL AND THE HOLE", A SHORT STORY BY fritz leiber - caitlan was production designer, art director, costume designer, location scout, prop master, & set design. Filmed in nm, co, and ma.
2016 Movie Prop - “CORPSE” - Written & Directed by Chris Ernst & Bill Darmon
- Christopher requested a 70’s novel reminiscent of Carlos Castaneda’s novel covers, that would be used as a prop - including chapter headings and a Table of Contents. Illustration needed to include a depiction of The King In Yellow.
2015 Movie Poster - “They Are Mine” - Written and Directed by Michael Hull - Nominated in FANTastic Horror Film Festival San Diego 2016
- Michael Hull wanted a Horror movie poster that included imagery of his cast, but also inspired by both the “Apocalypse Now” movie poster and the “Goonies” movie poster by Drew Struzan.
2015 Movie Props (Paintings) - “Too Legit” - Written and Directed by Frankie Shaw - Sundance and SXSW Nominated - LA
- Frankie Shaw desired three paintings for the set of a doctor’s office - Dick and Jane style, but inducing the ideas related to masculinity vs. femininity in society’s perspective over time.
2015 Scenic Painter - 10 months - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Universal Studios, LA
- During the construction and assemblage of HP World, Caitlan was responsible for both interior and exterior scenic painting, but was also co-lead on detail painting as well as delegating and managing a crew of 36 total painters, and aiding in documenting color palettes and processes - working under the direction of the KHSS foreman. Caitlan also worked very closely and aligned with KHSS’ Creative Director, Universal Studios Art Directors, and Warner Brother’s Art Director, to bring the Wizarding World to life in Hollywood.
2014 Scenic Painter - AirHollywood - LA
- Caitlan was asked to paint a re-built PanAm Airplane inside of AirHollywood’s warehouse to look like an original PanAm airplane. Due to other prior commitments/jobs, Caitlan only spent a few days on this project, but enjoyed every minute of it!
2014 Model/Miniature Painter - Grant McCune Design - LA
- McCune Design is a well known model shop based in Los Angeles, most known for their creation of many of the original Star Wars characters and miniatures. Caitlan worked closely underneath Monty Shook (Shop Supervisor and Model Maker), primarily focused on painting plastic miniature pieces to emulate metal. All painting was done prior to assembly. Role included prepping pieces in machine shop, assembly, sanding, puttying, painting, etc.
2013 Concept art for screenplay “Apostate”, written by Bill Darmon & Chris Ernst, NY & BOS
- Caitlan was asked to not only create a movie poster for this film, but to also design all concept art to aide in pitches. Concept art included style/vibe of film, color profiles, costume design for each character, interior design for all interiors, and put it all into a digestible presentation.
2013 Concept art for Interior Designer - “Natasha” - New Orleans, LA
- Interior Designer provided all furniture and design references, as well as client floor plans. Caitlan then drew and painted full-room visuals that would show a client what the proposed design would look and feel like.
SOLO + GROUP EXHIBITS
- 2018 lOWRIDER DAY 05/26/2018 - ZALMA LOFTON GALLERY, SANTA FE - CURATED BY ALBERTO zALMA
- 2018 Season Opening Heavy Hitters 05/18/2018 - Keep Contemporary, santa fe - Curated by jared antonio-justo Trujillo
- 2017 a solo show: caitlan williams 05/5/2017 - new mexico hard cider, santa fe
- 2014 RAW Artists: Allure 08/07/2014 - Los Globos, Los Angeles - Curated by Dustin Treinen
- 2013 RAW Artists: En Masse 08/08/2013 - Eiffel Society , New Orleans - Curated by Rachael Wingate
- 2013 January 9th - March 9th - Square 459 - New Orleans - Group Show - Curated by Michelle Kirk
- 2010 BAU Collaborations - Doran Gallery - Boston - Curated by Black Artist Union
- 2010 Painting All School Show- Presidents Gallery - Boston
- 2010 Art History All School Show - Bakalar Gallery - Boston - Curated by Kaileen Powers
- 2009 Grand Reopening - Unholy Grail Tattoo & Art Studio - Worcester, MA - Curated by Hector Cedillo
- 2009 BAU Collaborations- Doran Gallery – Boston - Curated by Black Artist Union - MassArt
- 2009 Art History All School Show- Brant Gallery - Boston - Curated by Kaileen Powers
- 2006 Hope Chest Auction - Caja de Esperanza - Santa Fe